Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Question 8: Do you have only one password at multiple accounts?

Supposedly you have a Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Socialvibe and Mylot (and let's include your email address).. Do you have only one password on all of these accounts? If so how do you keep up with them?


I use only one password if I can get away with it. I sign up for many things. To keep up with more than one password is hard except I use RoboForm, which keeps up with all my passwords for me. I use supperdupper passwords for my bank accounts and what I feel are the most important.
 
Pama Lyons

4 comments:

JMALH said...

I use one password with only letters in it. If a site asks for a combination of letters and numbers, I use another password.

Because I use so few passwords, I can easily figure out what to use on any site.

Unknown said...

The problem with using one password for multiple accounts is that if a phishing attack gets one, they get them all. Use one for non-important (news websites...), For important sites, use some kind of scheme with low case and upper case characters, as well as numbers and symbols, each one unique. Then write them down and eat the paper (or at least save the paper is a VERY secure place)

Pama Lyons said...

I'm with you Allen. I do use more complicated passwords on important sites like bank sites.

JMALH said...

You're right, Allen. I forgot that I use a complicated password when using my bank account.